Popular Posts

Monday 1 November 2010

Hi I thought I'd take some time out from writing my novel for nanowrimo and my idea of a break is more writing on here!!
I thought I'd tell you about the reason I became addicted to paranormal romances and that reason is Lynsay Sands, for anyone who doesn't know Lynsay Sands she is the Author of the Argeneau family vampire books. I love reading these they have great storylines and the characters are so easy to fall in love with (if I was going to fall for a vampire it would be Vincent Argenau!).after reading a couple of these I then found out she also writes historical romance and yet again these were also brilliant and funny(Lady Clarissa always makes me laugh aloud)I'm at the stage now where I think I've read all my books 30 times over and my family know if Lynsays name is on the front of the book I'm holding they will have difficulty getting my attention, I will even cook tea with the book in one hand and pan in the other (resulting in lots of burns but hey no pain no gain!)
Unfortunately this does mean I read them in one day and suffer withdrawals until I can buy the next one!
If you like paranormal or historical romance then I personally would recommend these I've never been disappointed yet . The womans a genius!
so heres a list of some of my favourite authors: 1.Lynsay Sands(paranormal)
                                                                       2.Lynsay Sands(historical!)
                                                                       3.Nina Bangs (paranormal)
                                                                       4.Julia Quinn(historical)
                                                                       5.Kresley Cole(paranormal)
Now for all those who are writing novels who's your favourite author and have they inspired the writing your doing at the moment?
                                                                      

6 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Thanks for the invite to your blog. What a great topic. Lynday Sands was one of my first paranormal read ever. I bought everyone of her books and still carress them with love on occasion. I found Laurel K Hamilton next, and although there was usually less romance, I still loved her. She inspired me to write Urban Fantasy and now I'm glad to announce: My Urban Fantasy has been contracted and I'm hoping for a December-ish release date. Maybe Janurary. Anyhow, great blog and I look forward to seeing more from you!

    Rachel Firasek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! thanks for taking the time to look at my blogxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynsay Sands left me a message on facebook to say thankyou and that she liked what i'd written! I was so thrilled that she'd took the time to check it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa
    Congrats on the message! great news that she's been reading your blog, must be a great feeling. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - don't give up now, keep going, you've done a great first day word count. Don't get defeated - maybe we can muddle through together lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. also just recieved a message from nina bangs! via facebook saying thankyou for naming her in my favourite authors list and shes honoured!!!so pleased!

    ReplyDelete