Popular Posts

Sunday 31 October 2010

The beginning

Welcome to my blog! this is the first time I've done anything like this, unfortunately I'm useless with computers and have to keep asking my daughters advice(so please bear with me!) I'm still not sure what to write about but I have been told keeping a blog is great practice if you want to be a writer, so I'm finally taking the plunge!!
I've just joined The Writers Bureau and I am hoping to get a bit closer to my dream of one day being a published author, I like reading and writing paranormal romance and will be starting a novel tomorrow as part of the nanowrimo month! my two youngest daughters have also decided to join in the young nanowrimo so there will be a lot of writing going on this month in the Simms household!
My novel will be the first of a serial and is about werewolves with some vampires, gods and goddesses thrown in
and obviously lot's of romance and some fight scenes, which I'm not sure how to do at the moment so if anyone has any tips on creating good fight scenes please let me know!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hello. Nice to see someone else doing NaNoWriMo - good luck with it, I hope you do well.
    As for fight scenes, I've not written one before so I'm not too sure, but maybe try and think of a few books you've read where you've believed the fight scenes and just read over them and see what they do that makes it a great scene. :)
    I'll be following your blog. Once you get into it, you'll really enjoy writing on it!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! Welcome to the world of Blogging - and good luck with the NaNoWriMo... I think there are quite a few of us doing it from the WB by the looks of things!! I plan on submitting my novel to a few agents/publishers once I've finished it (Although I'm not convinced it'll be finished by the end of November! lol)

    Which WB course are you doing? And how far in are you?

    Best wishes

    Bev xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the course Melissa, I am a fellow WB student and look forward to exchanging info with you. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!!
    I will look at some books for ideas i've just thought of a couple that I have with lots of fighting in them thanks.

    I'm doing creative writing i've only just finished assign.1 and I am just trying to get the nerve to send it off! For assign. 2 i've decided to jump to the fiction part just because I think I might be more comfortable with it to begin with.I'm also hoping I might end up with something to publish at the end of nanowrimo i'm not sure if i'll reach 50 000 either!!

    good luck to everyone for nanowrimo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa, it is good to have another member of the WB onboard. Good luck with the Nonowrimo. I hope all goes well. I have actually written my novel and am trying to get an agent at the moment. I am now onto the second of my trilogy. I write fantasy and it was fun. I find that as well as reading books to see how other authors tackle writing a fight sequence that watching movies can sometimes help. I find I am watching my characters as if they are in a movie and then write what I am seeing. It may sound strange but it works for me. You will master it no problem I am sure.

    Good luck to all those who are writing their novels and aiming to get published. I am with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the advice christina I think as soon as I get a chance I'll get out the books and dvd's
    well done for finishing your first novel! that's where I fail I've never finished a novel yet so hopefully the nanowrimo will give me the push I need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to blogging. Your blog looks very nice. :-D

    ReplyDelete